Your Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Wayne
If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer in Fort Wayne, you’ve most likely experienced a traumatic event. No matter what caused your injury or the passing of a loved one — a car accident, truck or big rig accident, motorcycle accident, or any type of accident — it was no doubt a frightening experience. You may feel as though your life will never be the same. That’s a common feeling for many people who unexpectedly find themselves in similar situations. But you are not alone — we’re here to help.
Depending on the circumstances of your specific situation, you may have grounds to seek compensation for your injuries or the loss of your loved one. Was it a slip and fall injury that took place on someone else’s property and was caused by a hazardous condition they allowed? Or was it a car accident caused by a distracted driver? Or was it a pool drowning that may have been preventable with better safety and security procedures? Tell us your side of the story and we’ll help guide you through what’s next.
Your perspective matters to us. We want to hear you out. Team Green has been serving injured people like you in the Fort Wayne area for many years. Your personal injury lawyer in Fort Wayne will really listen to your side of the story, taking you seriously and giving you and your case the personalized attention you deserve. We’re in your corner, ready to fight for you.
Accidental Injury? Here’s What To Do.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, here are a few important steps you can take to start protecting your rights.
- Get A Medical Exam — It doesn’t matter if you’re not sure how severe your injuries are: get an examination. It can be hard to diagnose many injuries at the scene of an accident, including some devastating injuries such as traumatic brain injury and spinal cord damage. Symptoms of these injuries and others can be hidden behind the shock and adrenaline your body experiences immediately following a traumatic event. You may not see or feel evidence of the injury for several hours or even days after it happens. Don’t rely on your feelings — take the time to be examined by professionals.
- Collect Evidence — It can be challenging to keep your thoughts in order after any kind of accident…much less the paperwork! However, gathering as much information as possible from the scene of your accident can help make your case more compelling in the future. Evidence you may be able to gather includes:
- Contact information for any eyewitnesses
- Photos and video footage of the accident scene and the damage
- Documentation of any days or hours you had to take off work, including visits to doctors or therapists; include every hour off, even if you were able to take sick days or vacation time
- Documentation of any missed wages because of lost work time — you’ll also need written confirmation from your employer
- All Medical Bills — Keep copies of every hospital, therapy, pharmacy and medical bill you receive that is related to your injury. If you think insurance might cover your bills, talk to a personal injury lawyer in Fort Wayne before submitting them to your insurance carrier.
- All Expenses — Any expenses resulting from your accident need to be tracked and given to your attorney. This includes mileage or taxi fare to medical appointments, as well as hiring help around the house if your injuries keep you from performing everyday tasks. If possible, pay by check and keep all receipts for your records.
- Make A Detailed Timeline — Over time, the order of events and details can get muddled in your mind. Make a detailed timeline to document new diagnoses, appointments, and events to help you remember.
How Likely Am I To Be Compensated For My Injuries?
Not all accidental injuries lead to injury claims. In Indiana, there must be evidence that another person was reckless or negligent in order to file a personal injury claim. That means there must be proof that another person’s or organization’s actions or lack of action directly led to the accident, and that the accident caused injury.
If your situation shows there is evidence to support all these things, you may be eligible to file a claim that would allow you to be compensated for any medical bills, lost wages, decreased earning potential, and even pain and anguish you have suffered as a result of the accident. However, it’s important to note that you may be entitled to less compensation if you are found to be partially negligent in the accident.
Settlement amounts can vary drastically from case to case. These factors help determine fair compensation:
- Lost income.
- Impact or potential impact on your future earning capacity.
- How old you are.
- Activities you may no longer be able to do.
- How likely you are to develop further medical problems.
- Medical bills you may incur in the future.
- Your total medical bills over time.
- The strength of an expert’s testimony.
- The eyewitness’s testimony.
Because of the Indiana statute of limitations, an injured person may only pursue a claim for up to two years after the date of the incident. While that may seem like a long time to decide your options, time seems to fly by when you’re recovering from an injury. If you believe you may have grounds for a claim, don’t wait. Talk to one of our Fort Wayne personal injury attorneys as soon as possible.
Contact Your Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Wayne Today
What you do from here matters. Your future may depend on whether you ask for help from an experienced Fort Wayne accident attorney who will come alongside you and advocate for you. And the clock is ticking.
Even if you feel overwhelmed, don’t wait too long to contact a lawyer. When you get started with Team Green, our team of Fort Wayne injury attorneys will immediately put our expertise to work to start protecting your rights and your future.
Team Green: For You. With You.
Your case is unique. When you reach out to us, our team will talk to you like the individual you are and seek to understand your unique situation.
Here are some steps we may take, depending on your needs, to make sure your case is handled correctly:
- Help you find specialists who can treat your injuries
- Supervise accident reconstruction
- Gather statements from eyewitnesses
- Speak with insurance companies
- Carefully review settlement offers presented by insurance companies
At each step, our team will help you understand what’s happening and what’s needed from you. From day one, we will advocate for you and make sure you’re equipped to walk through your situation in a way that protects your future.
Don’t hesitate. Reach out to Team Green today.
Team Green is a different kind of law firm. We’re not going to make you promises we can’t deliver on. This is our promise to you: we will guide you through the legal process, working with you through straight talk and personal attention, and we’ll work for you with smart, aggressive representation to get the settlement or judgment you deserve. Other lawyers show their case results on their websites, but not only does that imply results they can’t guarantee — it’s against the Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct (Rule 7.1  (2)). But you should know that the results of one successful case does not tell us what will happen with you. We will work with you to set realistic expectations of the timeline and money that could be recovered for your unique case.