Your Indianapolis Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are exploring Indianapolis personal injury lawyer options, you’ve no doubt endured trauma. No matter what caused your injury — a car accident, truck or big rig accident, motorcycle accident, or any others — it’s a scary experience. You might feel as though life will never be the same. You are not alone! This is a common feeling for many people who find themselves in situations like yours, reeling from the aftermath of a shocking incident.
Depending on the circumstances of your specific case, you may have grounds to seek compensation for your injuries. Maybe it’s a slip and fall injury that took place on someone else’s property because they allowed a hazardous condition to persist. Or maybe it’s a car accident caused by a driver who wasn’t watching the road or was drinking and driving. Or it could be a pool drowning that was preventable with better safety and security procedures.
Whatever your case, we want to hear you out. Team Green has been serving people like you in the Indianapolis area for years. Your Indianapolis personal injury lawyer will really listen to your side of the story, taking you seriously and giving you and your case the attention you deserve. We’re in your corner, ready to fight for you.
What To Do Right After An Accidental Injury
If you’ve just experienced an accident that led to an injury, there are important steps you should take to protect your rights.
- Seek Medical Attention — Even if you are uncertain about the severity of your injuries, you should get an examination. Some of the most devastating injuries, such as traumatic brain injury and spinal cord damage, are difficult to diagnose at the accident scene. This is because symptoms can be masked by shock and the rush of adrenaline pulsing through your body. It’s possible you won’t notice symptoms yourself until hours or days after the accident. That’s why it’s crucial to be examined by a team of medical professionals who can get you on a path toward diagnosis and recovery.
- Collect Evidence — We understand it’s hard to keep your thoughts straight after a car accident, big rig accident, or slip & fall injury, much less the paperwork. But the more you can collect from the scene, the more compelling your case might be in the future when you’re ready to talk to an Indianapolis personal injury lawyer or file a personal injury claim. Evidence to gather might include:
- Eyewitness contact information
- Videos and pictures of the damage and the scene
- Days or hours off work, including therapist and doctor visits; count it even if you were able to take sick days or vacation days
- Missed wages due to lost work time — you’ll need written confirmation from your employer
- Medical Bills — Make sure you have copies of every hospital, pharmacy or medical bill you incur as a result of your injury. If your health or medical insurance will cover your bills, you’ll want to speak with your Indianapolis personal injury lawyer before submitting those bills.
- Expenses — Mileage or taxi fare to medical appointments, hiring a person or company to help you around the house because you’re no longer able to keep up with the demands of daily life — any expenses caused by your accident should be tracked and provided to your attorney. It’s wise to pay by check if possible and retain your receipts for your records.
- Create A Timeline — The details will get fuzzy in your mind over time. Create a timeline and track how your situation unfolds for future reference.
Am I Likely To Receive Compensation For My Injuries?
Not every accident leads to injury claims. In Indiana, personal injury claims must be based on evidence that another person was negligent or reckless. That means you need to be able to prove that their actions or lack of action led to the accident and that the accident caused your injuries.
If these things can be proven, you may be eligible to file a claim for the harm you have suffered. You may be compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, a decrease in your earning potential, and pain and anguish — what are called compensatory damages in Indiana. It’s also worth noting that if you are found to be partially negligent in the accident, you may be entitled to less compensation.
The amount of a settlement can vary greatly from one case to another. Fair compensation takes factors like these into consideration:
- Your lost income.
- Any potential impact on your earning capacity for the future.
- Your likelihood of developing further medical problems.
- Future medical bills you may incur.
- The total of your medical bills over time.
- The expert testimony’s strength.
- The eyewitness’s testimony.
- How old you are.
- Activities you may no longer be able to do.
In Indiana, the statute of limitations only allows you to pursue a claim for up to two years after the date of the incident. That may sound like a long time, but in light of recovery from an injury, it can go by very fast. If you think you might have a claim, talk to one of our Indianapolis accident and injury attorneys as soon as possible. Your claim may depend on it.
Contact An Indianapolis Accident & Injury Attorney Today
You don’t have to figure out your next steps alone. Your future may depend on whether you seek help from an Indianapolis accident attorney who will seek justice for you. Time is crucial — you can’t afford to wait. When you get started with Team Green, our team of Indianapolis injury attorneys will start leveraging our expertise to help protect your rights right away.
The aftermath of an accident is always a confusing and emotional experience. Who is responsible? Who should be held liable for the accident? How does insurance coverage work? Should I talk to the insurance company? Is there anything I should not say or not sign to make sure I’m eligible for maximum compensation? These questions and more may be on your mind, and the right answers depend on the specifics of your case.
Even if you feel overwhelmed, don’t wait too long to contact a lawyer. We can help you avoid mistakes that could cost you in ways you might not expect.
What Team Green Will Do
When you reach out to Team Green, we’ll handle your case like the unique situation it is. Each is different, but here are examples of steps we might take to ensure your case is handled correctly:
- Oversee accident reconstruction
- Reach out to eyewitnesses to gather statements
- Speak with the insurance company
- Thoroughly review any settlement offers an insurance company might present to you
- Help you find specialists you need
You’ll be walked through each step by a team that cares about you and your future. We will advocate for you from day one and equip you to handle your situation in a way that protects your future.
Don’t wait. Reach out to Team Green today.
Team Green is a different kind of law firm. We’re not going to make you promises we can’t deliver on. This is our promise to you: we will guide you through the legal process, working with you through straight talk and personal attention, and we’ll work for you with smart, aggressive representation to get the settlement or judgment you deserve. Other lawyers show their case results on their websites, but not only does that imply results they can’t guarantee — it’s against the Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct (Rule 7.1  (2)). But you should know that the results of one successful case does not tell us what will happen with you. We will work with you to set realistic expectations of the timeline and money that could be recovered for your unique case.